Driver threatens to sue for Beyond the Tape ‘most wanted’ show


New



Deputy Police Commissioner McDonald Jacob – File photo / Jeff K. Mayers

Driver who paid her ticket for breaking a traffic sign in 2015, but saw her name and photo featured on the Beyond the Tape public affairs television show last week, threatens to sue the Police Commissioner legal assistant for the embarrassment she endured.

The woman is also threatening to take legal action against the Caribbean Communications Network (CCN), the parent company of TV6, which broadcasts the program.

His attorneys, at KR Lalla and Company, wrote to vice president of police McDonald Jacob and the general manager of CCN complaining about the program.

Lawyer Dereck Balliram said his client received the ticket on November 19, 2015 and paid for it on February 3, 2016. He said she had a receipt to show that she paid for the ticket.

In the October 21 letter, Balliram said she and her family were watching Beyond the Tape when, in the most searched segment, her photo, name and address were released.

Balliram said the “wrongly, wrongly and maliciously” segment pointed out that her client was a person of interest and that there was an arrest warrant against her for non-payment of her ticket.

He said she was not aware of any warrants, that she had never escaped the law, and that a careful and thorough investigation by the police would have revealed that she had paid her fine.

“This case has resulted in extreme embarrassment, distress and anxiety for our client as allegations of the existence of a pending warrant have been published and broadcast to the TT viewing population and continue to be accessible through millions of viewers around the world live. on the TV6 website.

Balliram asked if there was a warrant, that this be rectified.

At CCN, the lawyer complained that no proper investigation had been conducted before the image and address of his client was released, claiming that the “defamatory comments” of the show’s hosts l ‘had led to “ridicule, hatred and contempt.”

He said his information was released as part of a slideshow of photographs of other people wanted for theft, attempted murder and various offenses.

Balliram also said the woman remained traumatized and feared being arrested at any time by police, despite paying the barely fixed ticket.

He wants the TV network to remove his client’s photo, address and name from the show’s most wanted segment, along with an apology, a reasonable compensation offer and legal fees of $ 8,500.


Source link

Previous CircleGx, Zyter and Qualcomm Collaborate to Drive Digital
Next Cyber ​​security needs a more diverse and inclusive workforce

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *